Monday, June 27, 2011

Men of Steel





 In my book "Brothers by Fire" we speak of the lives of the men who walk the high steel. Now there's a job that's exciting from start to finish, each day, every day. I've seen these men of steel walk six inch beams as if they were on a wide sidewalk.
   A man I knew was one of these brave workers. He built the big IDS building in Minnesota's Twin Cities. He had a few friends help him, but in my eyes, he did it all by himself.
   As the project neared completion, these brave men placed an American flag at the top floor. My friend was photographed standing on a wooden plank, flag in hand, millions of feet in the air. I can't think of a more dangerous place in the world.  
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of this book, "Brothers by Fire" at Amazon.com and at www.peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   Stop in once in a while. I'll try to write something new and informative about my book Brothers by Fire.
Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and formatting by Covers Are Us

No comments:

Post a Comment