Friday, July 1, 2011

Campfire and Fish

  
   In the book "Brothers by Fire" I talk about camping by the rivers and cooking a fish dinner over the coals. I've eaten fish prepared in exactly 3,219 different ways, but there's nothing like over a campfire. I don't know if it's the anticipation of a great meal or maybe the company of a good friend, but it sure does taste good.
   As a kid, we cooked many good meals of fish. Sometimes we got real elaborate and used some flour, salt and butter. Sometimes it was just put on a stick and held over the fire.
   We had a favorite place as most kids did. There was an old beaver lodge that we sat on. As quick as the fish was caught, it was being cooked. We had a big cast iron frying pan but nobody knew who it belonged to. When we were done, we scrubbed it out with gravel and hung it on a nail driven into an old pine tree.
   Time has passed and my friends have all gone in different directions. Sometimes I wonder if that old frying pan is still there. I guess way too many years have passed now. I could never get back there without a horse. But some days when the summer winds churn up Hale Lake, I get to wondering.
   Maybe some day.
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of this book, "Brothers by Fire" at Amazon.com and at www.peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   Stop in once in a while. I'll try to write something new and informative about "Brothers by Fire".   
Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and formatting by Covers Are Us

No comments:

Post a Comment