Sunday, July 24, 2011

Farm Families

   This past weekend I had the rare pleasure of attending a family reunion in southern Minnesota. By the time I returned home, I had been hugged, squeezed, kissed by a sweet older lady and even adopted into a family of truly fine folks.
   Most of this grand group originated in Minnesota’s farming areas and spent many hours playing in the hay mow. What can be more fun than that!
   Some of that bunch migrated out west where the sky seems a lot bigger. One gentleman said that his new combine doesn’t even need a driver. You just sit in the cab and read the newspaper. 
   In case I made it all sound a bit too easy, consider these things. A hail storm can take you from riches to rags in an hour. A good rain can make you a half a million dollars.  The stock market can be pretty tough on farmers.
   So thank you to those fine folks the Habbens and Williams. I had more fun than a man my age is entitled to.
 You can find the EBook Kindle edition of this book, "Brothers by Fire" at  Amazon.com and at www.peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated frequently.    
   Stop in once in a while. I'll try to write something new and informative about "Brothers by Fire".   

Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and formatting by Covers Are Us

No comments:

Post a Comment